:: WKKG Local News ::
A second non-stop construction blitz will occur this weekend on Interstate 65 from Seymour to Scottsburg. Indiana Department of Transportation officials anticipate significant traffic back-ups, especially Friday and Sunday afternoons and evenings. Motorists are urged to alter travel plans if possible to avoid traffic jams that could exceed four miles in length.
Lane closures through Saturday include:
· I-65 southbound left lane at mile marker 48.0
· Southbound right lane at mile marker 38.0
· Northbound left lane at mile marker 29.0 (reopens Friday)
· Northbound left lane at mile marker 44.0
· Nightly ramp closures for patching
Lane closures for the week beginning Sunday July 20:
· Northbound right lane at mile marker 29.0
· Northbound right lane at mile marker 39.0
· Northbound ramp at S.R. 56
· Northbound ramp at S.R. 256
Further north, I-65 motorists may experience traffic delays this weekend at Columbus where a nearly $1.5 million concrete pavement restoration project will close the northbound left lane between mile markers 67 and 70, as well as the southbound on-ramp from State Road 46.
Restrictions begin at 7 p.m. Friday. They will be lifted at noon on Monday. A 45 mph speed limit will be enforced through the 1.6-mile construction zone when workers are present.
Last Updated: Wednesday, July 16, 2014 6:10:19 PM
WKKG • A
White River Broadcasting Station • Mailing Address ~ P.O. 1789 Columbus, IN 47202